From NeXtep Wiki
Welcome to the neXtep Softwares Wiki
This wiki is meant to provide useful and up to date information on the neXtep Designer product.
Why neXtep ?
We developped neXtep Designer because we needed to tackle the following problematics in our day-to-day work:
- Database version control
- Database delivery automation (see Delivering database updates article)
- Database continuous build
- Cross-database vendor environments using a single tool
And because database developments deserve free and powerful tools.
In this section you will find a quick overview of what is neXtep Designer and how it could help you with your database developments:
- NeXtep Designer Overview : a quick overview of the database development IDE and what it can do for developers
- NeXtep Designer features : a complete list of the IDE features
- NeXtep Installer overview : an overview of the database installer and what it can do for production teams
- Statement of direction : discover all upcoming features
Installing neXtep Designer
First of all, you may want to install neXtep Designer on your computer to experiment the product and our tutorials. You will find everything you need here :
- Installing neXtep designer
- Installing neXtep installer : information on how to install and configure the neXtep installer on a remote server
To get started with neXtep Designer we propose you a series of tutorials which demonstrates some of its features:
Technical documentation reference
This section contains detailed documentation regarding some specific features of neXtep Designer: